Direct Save Telecom router is ready to retire your old, slow router to offer you its newest model in the field. This model has a competitive price, but not in the conventional sense. This article will present to you the most important models, the options that are available for each of them and how you can set them up to optimize your home network.
- Routers on Direct Save Telecom: available models
- Log in to your Direct Save Telecom router.
- How to set up your Direct Save router
- Get your free router on Direct Save Telecom.
- Frequently asked questions about the Direct Save router.
Routers on Direct Save Telecom: available models
So what is a Direct Save Telecom router? It's a versatile device that connects your network and the internet. It also has wireless capabilities. The wireless function allows you to wirelessly connect devices in your home or office so that you can use it for video streaming without any problems or cables. Besides all this, it's compatible with Smart TV and Blu-ray players. You can use it as a wireless bridge, repeater or access point.
Direct Save Telecom offers several routers that meet various needs. From advanced high-performance routers to standard routers. Direct Save Telecom offers routers for homes, a business or both. They have a range of models with various capabilities and designs to suit all tastes and needs. And since Direct Save Telecom router comes free with every broadband, everyone can afford one.
Here is a list of Direct Save Telecom Routers available:
- RTLQ3 DSL Wireless Router
- RTLQ3 FTTH Wireless Router
- UK11 DSL Wireless Router
- UK11 FTTH Wireless Router
- UK33 DSL Wireless Router
- UK33 FTTH Wireless Router
While Direct Save Telecom router is included with their Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) and Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) plans, there is an £8.95 postage and packing fee.
Log in to your Direct Save Telecom router.
- Launch your web browser (such as Chrome, Firefox, Opera, or Internet Explorer) and type 192.168.1.50 into the address bar to access the router's web-based user interface.
- Two text fields with username and password spaces should be visible.
- Your Direct Save Telecom router's default username is admin.
- Password is the standard password.
- The router's control panel should now be accessible after you've entered the username and password and hit "Enter".
The default Direct Save Telecom Router login wireless security key and password are usually on the label on the router's back.
How to set up your Direct Save router
The Direct Save Telecom router setup is pretty straightforward. You only need to plug it in and connect it; all Direct Save Telecom Routers have already been configured for you.
How do I set up my Direct Save Telecom Router
However, these routers have different installation process, which is listed below:
For RTLQ3, UK11 and UK33 DSL Wireless Router
- Plug your master phone socket into the DSL filter directly.
- Attach the DSL lead to the micro filter's matching connection. Your mobile device can be linked to the DSL filter's opposite end.
- The wireless router's back has a DSL socket that should receive the other end of the DSL lead.
- Please make sure they are equipped with a DSL filter if you want to use any other phone sockets in your home to power extra phones or other devices (such as an alarm system, Sky TV box, or fax machine) (this is only required if you do not have the filtered master socket).
- Connect the router to the mains supply using the included power adapter and turn it on. The internet light can blink, while the DSL light should turn solid after a minute.
- Look for the network DirectSave-XXXX on your computer or mobile device. Check the sticker on the router's back to ensure the last part of the network name is correct. The need to enter a security key will be indicated when you log in to the network. The label on the router's back also contains the wireless security key and password.
Note: A "dual-band" router is the UK33 DSL Wireless Router. In contrast to the 5G network, the 2G network broadcasts at 2.4GHz. Consequently, you want to locate two networks that start with DirectSave-XXXX. One will conclude with a 2G, and the other will conclude with 5G. You can connect to either of them.
For RTLQ3, UK11 and UK33 FTTH Wireless Router
Your connection type is known as Fibre To The Home (FTTH). This kind of equipment does not use a regular phone connection for broadband service.
- Locate the ONT. The Fibre should already be connected to this location in your home. The ONT is a box that frequently resides in the utility cabinet and resembles a router. It frequently has the ZTE, Alcatel, or Icotera brands and is housed in a white plastic housing.
- The ONT and your router must be connected. Your internet service is set to use ethernet port one as its default (LAN1). If LAN1 already has a cable connection, you can disconnect it and connect the router's included yellow LAN cable in its place.
- Connect the router to the mains supply using the included power adapter and turn it on. Usually, one minute is needed for the router to boot up.
- Look for the network DirectSave-XXXX on your computer or mobile device. Check the router's back label to ensure the last part of the network name is correct. You will be prompted to enter a security key when you log in to the network. The label on the router's back also contains the wireless security key and password.
Note: A "dual-band" router is the UK33 FTTH Wireless Router. In contrast to the 5G network, the 2G network broadcasts at 2.4GHz. Consequently, you want to locate two networks that start with DirectSave-XXXX. One will conclude with a 2G, and the other ends with 5G. You can connect to either of them.
Get your free router on Direct Save Telecom.
A free wireless Direct Save Telecom router is provided to customers who sign up for broadband service. This will already be set up for Direct Save Network use. Customers who sign up for a fibre package will receive a more advanced router, which has four 100Mbps ports and a one-gigabit ethernet port for a fast-wired connection and can support up to 32 devices. Customers who sign up for a standard broadband package will receive a reasonably basic router that can support 16 devices.
Unfortunately, some consumers have been dissatisfied with Direct Save Telecom routers since their specifications don't match those other suppliers' offers.
However, a new router that can support ultrafast speeds and is strong enough to deliver a good wifi signal throughout your home will be provided to customers who choose the 330Mbps FTTP package.
Frequently asked questions about the Direct Save router.
How much does it cost to switch to Direct Save Broadband?
- It is free to switch to Direct Save Telecom for all 12-month packages. There is a one-time setup fee of £24.95 for non-contractual broadband and non-contractual fibre bundles.
How much does the router cost?
- Every broadband plan has a free router, so users do not have to pay.
Does Direct Save offer a router?
- Yes, Direct Save offers a high-speed wireless router that is perfect for your home. You can get a new router at no extra cost when you sign up for our internet service.
Are there alternatives to Direct Save’s router?
Direct Save Telecom router is an excellent choice for anyone who wants to access their network from anywhere in the world. While it does have some limitations, these are easy to work around and should be considered manageable by most users.
The company's routers come in various models with varying specs and settings.
Can I upgrade or change my router on Direct Save?
To upgrade or change your router, contact Direct Save Telecom customer service.