Onestream offers two router to its customers. One for standard ADSL broadband, and the other for fibre broadband. They simply refer to it as a ‘Super Dooper Router’. Let’s see if it really is that great.
What is the Onestream Router like?
The last listed Onestream router online is called the Onestream TG588V V2, and it offers:
- Dual Band:No (2.4GHz only)
- Top Speed:300 Mbps
- Ethernet Ports:4 x Megabit
- USB Ports:
Price and comparison
Onestream offers its router for free, which is pretty standard. Usually you have to pay more to upgrade your router, and Onestream state on their website that they facilitate this if you contact their live chat online. There is a £9.99 delivery charge for the free router.
How can I set my router up?
Place your router in a central place, away from the kitchen or any water or hazards. Be aware that thick walls and obstructions may limit the signal through different rooms.
- Plug in your hub.
- Connect the power cable to the Power socket on the back of your Hub and the other end to a wall socket.
- Press the power button on the back of your Hub to switch it on. It'll click and then you need to wait for the lights to start up before you carry on.
You can connect to the internet wirelessly or via ethernet cables.
How do I Log in?
Enter the username and password for your router. You'll find this on the back of your router, or in its manual.
Login info not working? Here's what you can do.
- Plug in an ethernet cable. Search for 'network' in the Control Panel, and select 'View Network Connections' (under the Network and Sharing Center). Right-click on your ethernet connection and select 'Properties'. Make sure that 'Obtain IP address automatically' and 'Obtain DNS server automatically' are both selected. Then try again.
- Or, reset your router back to its factory settings - you'll probably need to get a paperclip or pin and stick it in the 'reset' hole. Then re-connect and try logging in again. This is really a last resort, however - resetting a router deletes any settings you may have changed.
Once you're successfully logged in, you'll be able to access a page with all the router's settings, and you can configure them as much or as little as you want.
Onestream doesn’t say what router it uses, but as a general rule, the standard of routers given away by broadband providers has improved dramatically as technology has improved over the last number of years.
I am having issues with my router
Onestream does not provide much troubleshooting on their website, so the easiest thing to do is contact them and explain the problem directly. Contact them on live chat during their opening hours (08:30-20:00, Monday-Friday - Saturday 10:00-16:00 - Closed Sunday) or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are having speed issues, Onestream ask you to perform a "hard wired speed test". To do this, simply connect a device to your router using the network cable provided in the box and visit https://speedtest.net. This will help them to determine whether the issue is with the speed delivered to your router or a wireless issue. You need to take a screenshot of your results and email them to Onestream.