EE TV is a subscription television service which is only available to EE Broadband or Mobile customers. EE is one of the top broadband and mobile providers in the UK currently, with its 5G coverage reaching 80 UK cities.
EE TV offers access to over 70 free channels with 11 in HD including BBC One HD, BBC Two HD, ITV HD, Channel 4 HD and Channel 5 HD. If you love having lots of channels to flick through on a Saturday night, this might be your future TV provider!
EE offers some unique features, which we will outline in detail, so read on!
What does EE TV offer?
Like all digital TV services, EE TV includes access to all of the basic freeview channels which include:
- Channel 5
- Five USA
- Sky News
- Aljazeera (plus HD channel)
- Food Network
- BBC (plus HD channels)
- ITV (including ITV 2, ITV 3 and ITV Be)
- Channel 4 (plus HD, +1)
The premium channels that you receive with EE TV are the following:
- Sony Entertainment, Sony Movies, Lifetime, H2, Gold, Alibi, Watch, Eden, Home, TLC
- British Eurosport, British Eurosport 2
- Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Cartoonito, Baby Tb
- Crime +Investigation, Discovery Channel, ID, Discovery Turbo, Animal Planet, National Geographic, Nat Geo Wild, History.
EE TV is designed to be easy to set up and use. Once the EE TV box is connected to your TV and router, on screen instructions appear allowing you to finish setup then scan for Freeview channels and download apps for on demand content. Certain EE TV packages also include Apple TV.
Have a look at some of EE’s unique features:
- Watch four different programmes at the same time: Multiscreen lets you and your family watch live or recorded programmes on four different devices around your home at the same time.
- Record from your device/ Use your device as a remote control: Use the EE TV app to browse programmes and plan your viewing. You can also control and manage your recordings via the EE TV app.
- Flick and Fetch: Move something you're watching in the EE TV app to your TV screen with a Flick of your finger. And if you need to leave the room, fetch it from the TV by pressing the icon in your device's EE TV app menu.
- Pause, rewind, record: You can record up to four programmes at once and you can store up to 600 hours of standard definition TV or 300 hours of HD.
How much does EE TV cost?
EE TV starts at £32.50 a month. The Unlimited Fibre Plus Broadband + Apple TV 4K + Anytime Calls is the most comprehensive package, at £52. It includes Apple TV 4K worth £179, BT sport and Anytime calls to UK landlines and mobiles.
What streaming services can I use on EE?
The EE TV Box supports a variety of catch-up TV, subscription streaming services and media apps, including BBC iPlayer and Demand 5, as well as apps for YouTube, Deezer and live sporting action through BBC Sport. There’s also reality TV from Hayu and blockbuster movies from Rakuten TV.
However, there is no front screen support feature for Netflix or Amazon Prime, which will turn away many potential customers. All 4 and ITV hub are also missing- meaning you can’t watch soaps or your favourite series from these channels on demand.
Are there package deals?
There are multiple broadband and Apple TV deals from EE, however all of these packages are only available to existing EE customers. All of the EE package deals are exclusive to EE customers, which cuts out a significant portion of consumers. However, if you are thinking of switching your broadband provider, EE TV may be a good route to go. You can get all your broadband, WIFI and TV needs sorted in one package deal.
In summary, if you are already an EE mobile customer, you may be interested in EE TV for all of its unique storage and recording features.