Buying an eSIM in Paris is your best option for internet access in France. It's a virtual card that you can activate directly from your phone so you won't waste time during your trip. Other options are to connect to a wifi network, activate your phone company's roaming or buy a SIM card in Paris.
Get an eSIM in Paris: Your best option to have Internet
If you get an eSIM for Paris, you will have no Internet connection problems.. After all, they save you time on your journey, as you receive it in your email when you buy it, and you can activate it with a simple code from your mobile phone. From then on, you will have mobile data.
One thing to bear in mind is that not all phones support an eSIM card. That's why we recommend that you check the compatibility of your phone before signing up for anything. Here are the main brands that have eSIM-enabled devices:
Many companies market these virtual cards, such as SimOptions, Airalo or Ubigi. But none of them offer such comprehensive and affordable plans as Holafly. Especially because it offers unlimited data packages, so you can connect to the Internet in Paris whenever you want.
Before we go any further, we want to show you the pros and cons of signing up for your eSIM for Paris with Holafly:
- Advantages of signing up for an eSIM to travel to Paris with Holafly
- Activate your data plan from your cell phone with its QR code.
- Stay connected at all times with unlimited data.
- Customer service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- You can keep your SIM card and phone number.
- It's an economical option for unlimited data.
- Disadvantages of the Holafly Paris eSIM card
- You will not be able to make calls from your number, but you will from WhatsApp.
- You can't share your unlimited data with other devices.
We wouldn't be lying if we told you that the pros of relying on Holafly far outweigh the cons. Just think, unlike other companies, you'll have 24/7 customer service and an unlimited data plan at your disposal.
|Paris eSIM Holafly: all the plans|
Sign up now for your Holafly eSIM with a 5% discount including the coupon ROAMS
You may want to check other options before deciding, so here are some other companies from which you can also sign up for your virtual card:
- Nomad eSIM.
Other alternatives for Internet access in Paris
We still think that an eSIM for Paris is your best alternative for getting Internet out there, but it is true that there are other options. You can activate roaming, connect to a wifi network or buy a SIM card in Paris. After all, having mobile data wherever you are gives you all the conveniences of new technologies.
You may want to contact a family member or friend, share your adventures on social media or book a table at a restaurant. With Internet access, it's all so much easier. That's why we want to detail, one by one, your best options.
|How much does it cost the Internet in Paris?|
|eSIM Paris Holafly||
|Paris SIM card||
|Wifi in Paris:
|Roaming in Paris:
Buy a SIM card in Paris
If you don't want an eSIM, another option is to buy a SIM card in Paris. They still offer a very good service, and you can find them in all kinds of supermarkets and specialized shops. And while they don't offer unlimited data, they do have a variety of plans, so you can find the one that's right for you.
What we don't recommend is to buy your SIM card at Paris airport. Although it is a convenient and quick option, we assure you that you will pay much more than you should. It pays to take a few minutes out of your trip to move downtown to save money.
Here are the main operators from which you can buy a SIM card in Paris:
- Orange SIM card in Paris: Offers 8GB of data, with unlimited calls and SMS, with a credit validity of 14 days. It offers mobile data plans for 30 days or even less depending on how long you are staying in France.
- SFR SIM card in Paris: Its tourist plan called includes 2GB for 4G surfing.
- Bouygues Telecom SIM card in Paris: It offers mobile data plans for 30 days or even less depending on how long you are staying in France.
Roaming in Paris
Depending on the country you are travelling to, you may want to activate your provider's roaming. In the case of Paris, it is normal to have mobile calls and data included in your tariff.
But you should know that your Internet access will not be unlimited in France. The companies impose a ceiling which, if exceeded, will force you to pay a significant surcharge on your phone bill. Check your operator's terms and conditions before taking anything for granted.
These are the roaming plans of the main UK operators:
- EE roaming in Paris: Unless you exceed the limit stipulated by the company, you will be able to connect to the Internet in the French capital normally.
- Roaming with O2 in Paris: With your usual plan, you will be able to call and connect to the Internet in Spain as you would in the UK.
- Three roaming for Paris: It's included in the usual plans, so it won't cost you any more money than you pay.
- Vodafone roaming for Paris: As you are within the EU zone, roaming will not cost you more money than you pay with your usual plan.
Public wifi network to get free Internet in Paris
To get free internet, the first thing you've probably thought of is connecting to a public wifi network. And that's a very good option for sending messages, checking the weather or other such tasks. But be careful with online shopping, because these networks are not very secure and anyone could access your data and bank accounts.
Connect to a pocket wifi network in Paris
If you want to cover your back, you can always resort to a pocket wifi or MiFi. These are portable devices that you can rent to provide you with an internet connection wherever you go.
- Wifivox: You will be able to connect five devices with up to 1GB of data per day.
- MioWifi: This company has 2GB data plans for certain Internet queries.
- Klook Wifi: You'll be able to share your 4G data plans with other devices.
- Travel Wifi: It has a variety of data plans ranging from 1GB to 4GB.
The biggest advantage of pocket wifi is that they offer a very good Internet connection speed. The downside is that if you need a lot of data, they end up costing an arm and a leg.
You must, however, hand over the equipment as it was left to you. Otherwise, you will have to pay a very high penalty. And if it is lost or stolen, a stranger could gain access to your personal data.
Reasons why you should have Internet in Paris
Share your trip on social media, check the weather or call your family. There are many reasons why you need Internet in Paris:
- Tourist information: You can access tourist information online, such as attraction reviews, travel tips and restaurant recommendations to make every second of your stay in the City of Light hassle-free.
- Manage your bookings: If you have mobile data in France's capital, you can make reservations for hotels, transport and tourist attractions online, saving you time and effort.
- Communicate and live with translation: As well as keeping in touch with friends and family back home via messaging apps, having mobile data in Paris will help you communicate with locals who don't understand a second language or when your French isn't good enough for a local.
- Navigation and GPS: Having the benefit of real-time maps of where you are and creating routes to see how to get to your hotel, restaurant or activity as quickly as possible is worth the cost of having internet there.
Having an Internet connection on your mobile phone will make your trip to Paris even more enjoyable. You can buy tickets to see the Louvre Museum, book a boat trip on the Seine River or explore the city's famous catacombs.
Recommendations before travelling to Istanbul
Even though Paris is a well-known city, you may be interested in reading these tips before embarking on your trip:
- Book accommodation in advance: Remember that this city receives millions of tourists every year, so it's likely that accommodation will fill up in high season.
- Get a free tour: There are so many things to see in Paris that it might be a good idea to find a good guide to start with.
- Take a trip to Versailles: You can visit the imposing palace just a few kilometres from the French capital.
- Wear comfortable shoes: If you're going for long walks and getting to know the ins and outs of the city, you don't want to end up with blisters on your feet.
FAQs about eSIM in Paris
How can I get Internet in France?
To stay connected abroad, you can buy a SIM card, activate your company's roaming or connect to a Wi-Fi network. But the best option of all is to get an eSIM that you can easily activate from your phone.
How do Paris tourists get wifi?
There are many free wifi hotspots around the streets and parks of Paris. In addition, hotels, bars and restaurants also have this type of free network.
Where to buy a SIM card in Paris?
You can buy a SIM card in Paris both in supermarkets and in specialized mobile phone shops. You can also find them at the airport, but they are more expensive than normal.