EE roaming works as the same way you would use your EE SIM only plans in the UK, the only difference is that you will in another country. However, you must travel to the countries that have EU roaming.
Does EE roaming have extra charge?
The best part about EE SIM only deals is that EE customers are eligible for EE roaming which allows you to travel around the EU and use your EE SIM only plan like you're at home.
This means that when you travel around and use EE roaming you will not have any extra charges, so customers have the luxury of travelling abroad and stay active on social media like Instagram and retuning back to the UK without a extra bill.
EE customers can take advantage of this by enjoying the feeling of roaming around Europe like you're at home.
For example, imagine travelling to the Eiffel tower and posting a selfie to show people back in the UK your amazing trip or relaxing in the beaches in Spain and posting a photo on Facebook and only using your allowance, no extra charges.
The minutes and texts also apply in EE roaming and you won't have to pay extra for using your minutes and texts, however be mindful that you will be using your allowance so when you do finish your data, minutes and texts from your allowance you'll need to top up.
Therefore, EE roaming does not have any extra charges but just whatever you have on your allowance so make sure you save your data and don't get carried away when posting on social media.
What destinations has EE Roaming?
EE roaming has amazing roaming destinations in the EU that will let you travel to and not have to pay for any extra charges but if you do decide to travel outside the EU EE customers will have to pay extra charges for using your data, calling and texts.
For EE Europe destinations which is free to roam to, here is the list of countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Channel Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion Islands, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
To travel to any of these destinations you will be charged nothing extra but only whatever allowance you have on your EE SIM only deal.
So, go to Greece and Portugal and experience the some the best beaches and show off to your friends by staying active on social media and when you get back to the UK you won't have any extra bills waiting for you.
Does EE roam to USA, India & Turkey?
Fortunately, for all EE customers EE does roam to the USA, India and Turkey but it will cost them extra because they these countries are not in the EE EU roaming zone.
EE roaming outside of the EU and to all the other international destinations has been broken down into four different categories, Zone A, Zone B, Zone C and Zone D.
- Zone A countries: USA, Armenia, Australia, Canada, China, Israel, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Russia, Singapore, Turkey, Ukraine.
- Zone B countries: Argentina, Bermuda, Colombia, Ecuador, Gabon, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Moldova, Mongolia, Nicaragua, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Thailand, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Isle of Man.
- Zone C countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Botswana, Brazil, Caribbean, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Faroe Islands, Guinea, Guyana, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Japan, Jordan, Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Montserrat, Montenegro, Netherlan
- Zone D countries: Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Benin, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chile, Congo, Cuba, El Salvador, Fiji, Georgia, Ghana, Greenland, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lao, Lebanon, Lesotho, Macau, Maldives, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Paraguay, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sudan, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Uruguay, Venezuela, Yemen.
As you can see in all the different zones that have different countries including USA (zone A), India (zone B) and Turkey (zone A).
Each zone has a country and when you can find out exactly what the price is to use your data, minutes and texts in that country by heading to EE Roaming Costs.
Therefore, EE allows you to roam outside the EU but it will cost you extra and some destinations more than others depending on where too decide to travel to.
Spend less on EE roaming with Holafly
If you are travelling to destination that is not included in your free EE roaming plan and you do not want to pay extra on your monthly bill, you can take a look at Holafly. This company offers international eSIM cards that allow you to use your phone abroad at a fixed price, with no extra charges or unnecessary add-ons.
Not only is a cheap alternative to the EE roaming, but also a very convenient one, as you only need to choose a mobile plan according to the country that you want to visit and, then, activate the SIM card with the instructions that are sent to your email address. Take a look at some of the data plans available at Holafly:
- Japan: 30 days SIM card with 8GB for just 49€
- North America: 15 days SIM card with 6GB for 57€
- China: 30 days SIM card with 8GB and VPN service for 49€
- Mexico: 30 days SIM card with 5GB for 49€
Just make sure that you have an eSIM compatible smartphone before buying your mobile plan at Holafly, the company does not ship its SIM cards to the UK, so buying a digital SIM card is the only option available. However most recent smartphones are compatible with digital SIM cards, like iPhone XS and newer ones as well as Samsung Galaxy S20 and onwards.
Save money during your trip with Holafly