- What kind of handset deals can I get from Sky?
- Deals for Sky TV and Broadband Customers
- Sky mobile handset deals review
- Can I trade in my old mobile for an upgrade?
What kind of handset deals can I get from Sky?
Sky have a number of mobile handset deals to choose from. We’ve compiled a list of our favourites below, along with all of their features, pricing and contract lengths.
|Product Name||Data amount||Price per month||Upfront fee||Network service||Contract length||Price after contract||Details|
|iPhone 12 Pro Max 128GB||50GB data||£54.00||-||5G||36 months||Pay £40.00 after 24 months||Unlimited calls and texts|
|Huawei P 40 lite 5G Dual SIM 128GB Silver||10GB||£12||-||4G and roaming||12 months||-||Unlimited calls and texts|
|New Galaxy S21 5G Series (128gb(||50 GB||£44||-||5G||24 months||-||Claim a free pair of Galaxy Buds Live.|
|Apple iPhone 12 mini 64 gbs||£24||-||5G||24 months||-||Unlimited calls and texts|
|Nokia 1.3 Dual SIM 16GB Black||2GB||£6||£90||4G||12 months||-||Unlimited calls and texts|
|Apple iPhone SE (2020) 64GB Black||2gb||£18||-||4G||12 months||-||Unlimited calls and texts|
Deals for Sky TV and Broadband Customers
If you are already a Sky Customer, either for TV or broadband, you might benefit from an upgrade or bundle your phone package with another Sky deal:
Superfast Broadband & Sky Sports & Cinema
- Enjoy up to 6 live Premier Leagues games a week and a range of the best movies
- Includes 20% off Sky Store rentals
- Download speed 59Mbps
£88£64 p/m for 18 months
- Set-up: £39.95; existing customers can call 08007 591 263
Netflix, Superfast Broadband & Sky TV
- Download speed of 59Mbps
- Unlimited, reliable superfast broadband
- Watch Sky TV and Netflix series, live and on demand
£58£43.00 p/m for 18 months
- Set-up: up to £49; existing customers can call 08007 591 263
Build your own TV & Broadband Bundle
- Start with Sky TV and Superfast Broadband
- Average download speed of 59Mbps
- From £39.00 a month for 18 months
- Set-up: up to £39.95; existing customers can call 08007 591 263
Sky mobile handset deals review
So how does Sky Mobile fare against other mobile network package providers? Let’s look at the pros and cons.
The benefits of Sky Mobile are as follows:
- You can roll unused data over to the next month, and keep it for up to three years
- You can change your allowance each month
- Option to get calls and texts on PAYG - great if you don't make calls or send many SMS texts
- Extra discounts and goodies for Sky TV customers
- You can upgrade your phone early with Swap
- Good customer service
- Family SIM discounts available
- Some plans are only available to existing Sky customers
- Handset contracts aren't that flexible and contracts often lock you in for 30 months
- Doesn’t offer much in the way of perks and benefits if you’re not a Sky customer
- Plans are not the cheapest - especially if you add on unlimited calls and texts (and haven't got Sky TV)
- As most Sky handset plans don’t demand an upfront charge, monthly costs can be expensive in terms of data, call and text allowances - and customers should expect to be locked in for 30 months.
Can I trade in my old mobile for an upgrade?
Sky allows you to trade in old devices for upgrades. There are two easy ways to do this:
- Choose the device you to want to upgrade to and once you've got it, send your old one back. Sky puts the value of your device towards what's left to pay on your credit agreement.
- Upgrade and keep your old one too. Just carry on paying for it, as well as your new one, until your credit agreement ends.