Making your SSE broadband payment is a very important part of your monthly bill. It is therefore important to have all the information possible about making these payments. In this article, we will talk about how to make your broadband payments on SSE, change your broadband information on SSE, if it is possible to make your payments online and contact SSE’s billing department.
- How to make your broadband payments on SSE
- Change your broadband payment information on SSE.
- Is it possible to make your broadband payments on SSE online?
- Contact SSE’s billing department
- Frequently Asked Questions about SSE Broadband Payment
How to make your broadband payments on SSE
SSE broadband payment is a pretty straightforward procedure. SSE automatically directs all customer payments to be done using the Direct Debit method.
What is Direct Debit?
Direct debit is a standing instruction that you give to your financial institution to pay a certain amount to a determined third party at a fixed date. In simple terms, direct debit means that you are giving SSE the right to take the payment for your broadband or phone directly from your bank whenever the payment is due.
With direct debit, you can be sure that you will never be late in paying your bill, and you will never forget to pay it.
How to use Direct Debit
Direct debit works in the following simple way:
- Direct debit is set up using the personal and bank details you provide when getting any of SSE’s phone and broadband packages.
- With direct debit, SSE automatically gets your bill for your phone or broadband usage each month, according to your contract.
- You get to pay your bill at once and in full.
- You can change the method of payment whenever you please.
- You get a full refund whenever there is an error in the debit.
- You will always be pre-informed before any debit is made to your account.
- You can change your direct debit date with SSE anytime by calling them.
Change your broadband payment information on SSE.
If, for whatever reason, you choose to change your broadband payment information on SSE, the method is quite simple. The easiest thing to do is to first of all contact SSE, and they will help you with the process.
Here are reasons you may want to change your payment information with SSE and what to do.
- You want to change the account to be debited. Provide the updated account details, and direct debit will be activated on your new account.
- You want to change your Direct Debit date. Contact SSE and opt for the new date you would like to make the payments.
- You want to change your payment method. The procedure is quite the same. Contact SSE and explore other available payment options.
- You are moving homes. When moving homes with SSE, you must provide prior notice and your new address and details.
- You are switching providers. Switching providers is a very simple process. You do not need to cancel your direct debit. Once your contract term is up, the direct debits are set to stop automatically. However, when switching to Virgin Media, SSE requests you send a notification to them via mail or phone.
Is it possible to make your broadband payments on SSE online?
SSE broadband payment can only be made using direct debit for now. As it stands, opting out of the direct debit option for your broadband needs might mean opting out of SSE’s broadband solutions. SSE currently only offers an online payment option to their energy users.
With online payments for energy, you get to monitor your account and meter readings and even use the smart Pay-as-you-go app.
However, if you want to stick with SSE but do not want to pay using Direct debit, you can contact SSE to see if a special arrangement can be made for your payments. These kinds of payments will, of course, attract an extra charge.
Contact SSE’s billing department
Over time, many people have complained about difficulties trying to contact SSE. However, SSE provides certain contact methods for customers.
If you are having trouble with your bill, try the following methods.
- Get on their website and try the Live chat option.
- If you are an existing customer, try replying to the mail they have been contacting you.
- Contact SSE on 0345 070 7395
- You can also send a chat via Whatsapp.
Frequently Asked Questions about SSE Broadband Payment
Can I cancel my Direct Debit payment with SSE?
Once your contract expires, you are free to move to another provider. This automatically cancels direct debit.
Do I get a refund if there is an error debit using Direct Debit?
You immediately receive a full debit if there is any error.