If you are a Now TV customer you may encounter some issues setting up your box or Smart stick, pairing your smart phone, using streaming services or other issues. Read on to find the solution to your issue.
Now TV Smart Stick or Box issues
The first thing to do is plug it out and plug it back in again after a few minutes. If this doesn’t work, you can try resetting your device.
To carry out a factory reset on your NOW TV Box or Smart Stick:
- Step 1: Using your NOW TV remote, go to Settings, then select System.
- Step 2: Select Advanced system settings, and then Factory reset.
- Step 3: Enter the 4-digit code shown using the onscreen keypad.
Now TV connection related problems
When you watch NOW TV, the video stream isn’t sent to your device in one go. Instead, it’s sent in bite-size ‘data packets’. If there’s a delay – often caused by a slow network – your show pauses while it waits for the next packet. This is known as buffering.
If the NOWTV service is down, you will be contacted or it will be announced on their website. To counteract buffering issues you can:
- Reduce the number of devices you are using.
- Stop large downloads
- Test your internet connection speed.
Now TV problems with devices
If you are having issues with a connection with a device and your NOWTV box,, please read on and see if you can find a solution:
Xbox or PS4:
- Step 1: Reconnect your cables.Your TV has in-built High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) – a bit of software that protects you from pirated content. If your PS4 or Xbox One isn’t properly connected to your television’s HDCP, it won’t show a picture. You can reset the connection by unplugging both your television and your console from their wall sockets. Then pull out the HDMI cable and reconnect.
- Step 2: Try a different HDMI port.If your TV has more than one HDMI port, try connecting to a different one. This is another way of resetting the connection and may resolve the problem.
- Step 3: Switch HDMI cables.If you're using an old HDMI cable with a new TV, or a new cable with an old TV, they may not be fully compliant. You might be able to fix the display error by connecting with a different HDMI lead.
- Step 4: See if you can stream through another TV.
Sometimes the HDCP software between a particular TV and console isn’t compatible and some form of piracy is detected, even if it’s not happening – which means you get no picture. So, your final option is to try connecting your Xbox One or PS4 to a different TV, if you have one. With a bit of luck, you’ll find they’re HDCP-compatible.
Pairing with your smart remote
The Smart Stick comes with a smart remote. This type of remote is a bit different from a standard infra-red remote in that it connects over your wireless network. When you first set up your Smart Stick, a connection is established with your remote – a process called pairing.If you've got a new remote, it's quick and easy to pair it with your Smart Stick.
Open the battery compartment of your remote control and pop in 2 AAA batteries as shown (they both go the same way up).
Your remote should now pair automatically with your Smart Stick.If it doesn't:
- Move the remote close to your Smart Stick to avoid any interference with your Wi-Fi channel
- Then hold down the small button below the battery compartment for a few seconds:
- When the green light in the battery compartment flashes, your remote has connected.
If this doesn’t work, try changing your batteries.
I can’t solve my issues… how do I contact NOWTV?
NowTV prefer that customers use the help articles on the website rather than contacting them via telephone. They offer online live chat or email options on their website, however a customer service number is listed as their contact online: 03303 323 050.
Just to warn you, there may be waiting times if you contact the customer care via your mobile or landline phone.