Activating Sky voicemail on your Sky number will give your callers the option of sending a recorded message to you when you are unavailable to answer the phone. This article will help you understand how to set up Voicemail on your Sky number, how to listen to your Voicemail and how to turn it off.
- What is Sky's mobile voicemail number?
- How to check your Sky mobile voicemail from other phones
- How to activate and set up your Sky voicemail
- Activate your Voicemail on Sky Talk
- How to listen to Sky voicemail on a landline
- How to turn off your Sky voicemail on Talk and mobile
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is Sky's mobile voicemail number?
Sky's voicemail number is 759. You can dial this number on your Sky phone to listen to the voice messages you received while you were away. You can also long press one on your phone to access your voice messages.
How to check your Sky mobile voicemail from other phones
You can check your Sky voicemail from other phones. To do that, please follow these easy steps.
- Set up your Sky PIN: When you use your Voicemail for the first time, you will be required to set up a PIN. Follow the prompt on your phone to set one. Please set this PIN in the UK, as you cannot do this outside the United Kingdom.
- From another phone: Dial your mobile number; once you reach your Voicemail, press *, and then enter your PIN.
- While you're overseas: Dial +44 7488 222 000 and put in your PIN.
How to activate and set up your Sky voicemail
Your Sky device comes with Voicemail automatically set up. However, there are several settings you can improve to personalize your Voicemail.
- Customized Voicemail greeting: Make changes to your voicemail settings and greeting by dialling 759 and following the prompts. Once you've created a personalized welcome, you can modify it but not fully delete it.
- Increase or shorten the time your phone rings before going to Voicemail: Dial **61*759*11*XX# to change it. Change the XX to the duration you want the phone to ring before sending calls to Voicemail. The longest duration you may set it to is 30 seconds. E.g. **61*759*11*20# That would make it 20 seconds.
- Set voicemail PIN: From your phone, dial 759. Press 3 to change settings, 1 to change PIN, and then follow the on-screen prompts.
Activate your Voicemail on Sky Talk
To activate Sky talk Voicemail, please do the following
- It should already be active if you added Sky Talk Voicemail when you joined Sky Talk.
- Call 0333 7591 018 to get in touch with Sky if you're a Sky Talk client and want to add Voicemail.
There are two voicemail options provided by Sky Talk: Sky Talk Voicemail and Sky Talk Voicemail Plus. Both let you take calls when you're away from your phone or on another call and still receive messages from callers. Sky Talk Voicemail Plus includes added features like checking your Voicemail from another phone, recording a custom greeting, and storing up to 30 messages at once.
How to listen to Sky voicemail on a landline
Please follow these steps to listen to Sky voicemail on your Sky Talk device:
- Pick up the phone and check for an intermittent dial tone. This shows that you have a message.
- To listen to your message, dial 1571.
- You can return the call by dialling 0, but you will still be charged an additional 20p and any other applicable call fees.
- Your message will be removed 20 days after you've heard it. After 30 days, You will lose all unlistened messages.
- Press 1 to hear your message once more. Press 2 to save the message. Press 3 to erase the message.
How to turn off your Sky voicemail on Talk and mobile
Turn off Sky voicemail on mobile.
You can't entirely turn off Voicemail. Turn off message recording mode to prevent callers from leaving you voicemail messages.
Using your phone:
- Dial 759.
- Press 3.
- Press 5.
- Press 1.
Turn off Sky Voicemail on Sky Talk
To turn off Sky voicemail on your Sky talk device, call Sky customer care on 0333 7591 018.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does it cost to listen to Voicemail, Sky?
Depending on your plan, different fees apply to listening to your Voicemail or using the callback option.
- Unlimited calls and texts: Voicemail calls or callbacks are included with the
- Pay as you go: Sky will charge you standard rates.
- When using Voicemail overseas (all plans): roaming call rates to UK landlines apply unless you have Roaming Passport Plus, in which case you will be charged the same cost as you would in the UK.
How do I listen to Voicemail?
Press and hold one or dial 1571 on your phone.