SSE broadband moving home services are some of the most reliable around. It can be frustrating after your home move to have to stay without proper access to internet services because you have not planned for it. In this article, we will explore how to move homes with SSE broadband, how long the home move takes, how much it costs, what happens to your broadband when you move, and the benefits of moving homes with SSE.
- Moving home with SSE broadband: how to do it?
- How long does moving home with SSE broadband take?
- How much does it cost to move home with SSE broadband?
- What happens to your broadband plan when you move home with SSE
- Benefits of moving home with SSE broadband
- Frequently asked questions about moving home with SSE broadband
Moving home with SSE broadband: how to do it?
Moving home with SSE broadband is a choice you must make after careful thought and consideration. While it is true that you have a lot of things to sort out when you are moving, one of the things you must have on your checklist is sorting out your Phone and broadband.
When you have confirmed your move date and the services you will need, do the following:
- Confirm SSE has network coverage at your new address using the Availability checker.
- Contact SSE as soon as possible. The earlier you contact SSE, the more reliable your home move with them will be.
- Take your hub and any other cables to your new home.
- Plug them in and set them up.
- Enjoy your Phone and broadband at your new home when your new package starts.
- For new users, contact SSE, and they will also arrange your home move for you.
- If your current router is not compatible with your new service, SSE will send you a new router.
- If you do not have a compatible phone line at your new home, SSE installs one for you at no extra cost.
Once you contact SSE, they will require some information from you. This includes your SSE account number, your new address, your new postal code, and the date of the move. They will also require an alternative means of contacting you.
How long does moving home with SSE broadband take?
With home moves, the rule is always the earlier, the better. Moving your broadband service with SSE typically takes eighteen (18) days. However, this process can be a bit faster if you have given SSE enough prior notice. It is advisable to contact SSE immediately if you are sure you will be moving homes.
Where your current router is not compatible with your new service, SSE ensures you get a new router at least three (3) days before you are set to start using the service.
Nevertheless, in a situation where you have already moved, you can still contact SSE, and they will ensure to adjust your details, so you do not need to keep paying for service at your previous address.
How much does it cost to move home with SSE broadband?
Moving homes with SSE broadband does not come at an extra charge. You will only be charged extra in any of the following situations:
- If you are upgrading to a more expensive subscription package.
- If you choose not to continue with SSE.
What happens to your broadband plan when you move home with SSE
SSE broadband moving home does not affect the quality of your broadband. Also, you do not necessarily have to adjust your plan when you move. You can decide to stay on your current plan and adjust your information with SSE. However, moving homes is a great opportunity to review your broadband plan and possibly opt for better options.
The only way your broadband may be affected is if SSE has no coverage at your new location, but this is hardly ever the case.
Benefits of moving home with SSE broadband
If you are wondering why you should move homes with SSE, here are a few benefits of moving home with SSE broadband.
- SSE has a wide coverage and is most likely available at your new location
- No home move charge
- Easy to connect at your new location
- You can use the same WiFi settings
- Your password remains the same
- It is a great opportunity to review your contract and opt for better plans
Frequently asked questions about moving home with SSE broadband
Can I keep my home phone number if I move house with SSE?
If you want to keep your home number, contact SSE at 0345 071 9626, and they will try to ensure you can keep your number.
Can I change the dates for my home move with SSE?
You can change the date for your home move with SSE. Contact SSE early enough.