A Three esim is a virtual SIM card built-in to devices. This article will help you understand what an eSim is, how to get an eSim on Three, how to activate your Three eSim and the best plans to get your three eSim.
- What is a Three eSIM?
- How to get an eSIM on Three
- Best plans to get with your Three eSIM
- How to activate your Three eSIM
- Is it possible to use an eSIM in a Dual SIM phone?
- Can I get rid of my eSIM?
- What should I do if my phone is being repaired or returned?
What is a Three eSIM?
Three eSIMs are virtual SIM cards that are built into devices. They save you the trouble of inserting different SIM cards from different networks. Check with your device manufacturer to see if it is eSIM compatible, or visit Three's device support.
How to get an eSIM on Three
Since eSims are electronic products, you do not get to order them like you would a physical sim. However, you need to get a QR code from three to activate your three eSim.
At the moment of writing, Three does not offer eSims to new customers. As part of a trial, they recently provided eSIMs. While they are working to reintroduce eSIMs, they are currently only able to replace them for trial participants.
Best plans to get with your Three eSIM
Since Three eSim is still in its trial phase, there is limited information about plans available on Three eSim. eSim users may subscribe to the same tariffs as regular sim users or have access to different tariffs.
How to activate your Three eSIM
Follow these steps to activate your Three eSim
On your iPhone
- Turn on your Wi-Fi.
- Launch your camera app.
- Scan the QR code three sent to you.
- Tap the resulting notification.
- Click 'Continue,' then 'Add Cellular Plan.'
- Enable Wi-Fi.
- Check that QR scanning is enabled.
- Launch your camera app.
- Scan the QR code we emailed to you.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Is it possible to use an eSIM in a Dual SIM phone?
Yes. You can use an eSIM and a physical SIM card if you have a Dual SIM phone. You can have two plans and phone numbers, even on different networks. You must choose one as your default if you have two SIM cards. This means that you can only receive one call at a time, and missed calls will be routed to your voicemail on the relevant number.
How do I top up my Three eSim?
The quickest way to top up is through your My3 account, where you can register a credit/debit card for future top-ups. To do so, log in to My3 or register if you don't already have an account.
- Navigate to Allowance in the Three apps.
- Tap top-up, or select an Add-on instead.
- Select your top-up amount or an Add-on, then follow the payment instructions.
- You can also top up on the web without registering a card or logging into My3, but you will need to re-enter your information each time.
- In any case, you can sign up for any Three top-up plan on three.co.uk.
Can I get rid of my eSIM?
You can't physically remove an eSIM, but you can uninstall your plan from your device. Here's how to do it:
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Select 'Mobile Data,' then 'Data Plan.'
- Choose 'Remove Data Plan,' then 'Remove Three Plan.'
- You're ready to go. Your eSIM card is no longer associated with your device.
What should I do if my phone is being repaired or returned?
You should do a few things before returning your device to have it repaired or replaced. First, request a replacement eSIM or physical SIM so you can continue to use your number on another device. After that, remove your eSIM from your device and follow the steps on Three's repairing your device page. It's fine if you can't remove your eSIM due to technical issues with your device. Contact Three, and they will ensure that your information is secure.