Virgin Media Fibre broadband plans are suitable for users in various locations and they guarantee that every one of your devices is covered. In this article, we talk about Virgin Media Fibre, what it is and how it works, where it is available, future expansion plans, and the different speeds available.
- What is Virgin Media's fibre-optic broadband?
- Virgin Media fibre deals: ultrafast connection for less
- What speeds does Virgin Media fibre offer?
- Virgin Media fibre: gig1 broadband
- Virgin Media fibre: M100 internet
- Virgin Media fibre: map and rollout
- Frequently asked questions about Virgin Media fibre-optic broadband.
What is Virgin Media's fibre-optic broadband?
As the name implies, Fibre optic broadband is a system using Fibre optic wires to transmit data. The fibre optic system can transmit data at up to seventy per cent of the speed of light. Virgin Media fibre boasts up to 1,130Mbps (Megabits per second). This speed, interestingly, is about 22 times faster than the UK average. If you live in an area where Virgin has updated its service, you can enjoy this speed.
Virgin Media fibre deals: ultrafast connection for less
Virgin Media offers Fibre deals with the best speeds at affordable prices. Here are the packages available and their payments per month.
|PACKAGE||BUNDLE||PAYMENT PER MONTH(€)||SPEED|
|M100 Fibre Broadband + Talk Weekends||Broadband + Phone||26||108Mbps|
|M100 Fibre Broadband +Talk Weekends + O2 sim||Volt Fibre Broadband + Phone||29.99||108Mbps|
|M200 Fibre Broadband +Talk Weekends||Broadband + Phone||32||213Mbps|
|M500 Fibre Broadband, Talk Weekends +190+ TV channels + O2 sim||Bigger Volt bundle||49||516Mbps|
|M500 Fibre Broadband, Sky Sports, 195+ TV channels +Talk Weekends||Bigger bundle + Sports||65||516Mbps|
|Gig1 Fibre Broadband, 230+ channels with Entertainment, Anytime calls, Netflix Standard + O2 sim||Ultimate Volt bundle||85||1130Mbps|
Note: All packages above are for 18-month contracts.
What speeds does Virgin Media fibre offer?
Virgin Media offers a variety of speed packages depending on the size of your household or the number of devices.
- M50 fibre broadband is suitable for smaller households with only a few devices. It has an average download speed of 54Mbps and an average upload speed of 5Mbps.
- M100 fibre broadband: This is suitable for households with up to ten (10) devices connected to the internet. It has an average download speed of 108Mbps and an average upload speed of 10Mbps.
- M200 fibre broadband: This is suitable for households with over ten (10) devices connected to the internet. It has an average download speed of 213Mbps and an average upload speed of 20Mbps.
- M350 fibre broadband: This is suitable for households with many gamers and movie lovers that stream in HD. It has an average download speed of 362Mbps and an average upload speed of 36Mbps.
- M500 fibre broadband: This is also suitable for households with gamers and movie lovers streaming in HD. It has an average download speed of 516Mbps and an average upload speed of 36Mbps.
- Virgin Media Gig 1: This speed by Virgin Media is currently unrivalled in the United Kingdom. It has an average download speed of 1130Mbps and an average upload speed of 53Mbps.
Virgin Media fibre: gig1 broadband
The Gigabit or Gig1 broadband from Virgin is the UK's most widely available gigabit broadband. However, Gig1 broadband is only available in selected cities for now. If you happen to have it in your city, you have the chance to gain access to the fastest major broadband in the UK. It has speeds of up to 1130Mbps, which has yet to be rivalled by any other Broadband provider in the UK.
Virgin Media fibre: M100 internet
If you are a gamer or love to stream videos online, the M100 fibre broadband is just for you. Moreover, this superfast broadband package gives you average download speeds of 108Mbps and upload speeds of 5Mbps, which is significantly above the UK average. Getting this package ensures that gaming and streaming can go on uninterrupted.
Virgin Media fibre: map and rollout
Virgin Media has the vision to provide the fastest possible broadband deals and speeds for the United Kingdom. The company intends to use its fully ducted network, which is how it lays its fibres, to ensure a seamless rollout of Optic Fibres. Customer installation costs will be in addition to this, with installs operated on an on-demand basis as rollout and revenue enhancement opportunities commence.
Frequently asked questions about Virgin Media fibre-optic broadband.
Does Virgin Media offer full Fibre?
Yes, they do. Once you choose any broadband deal for your home, get ultrafast full-fibre broadband.
How is Virgin Media's Fibre installed?
Virgin Media starts a cable from their network, through underground channels, to an entry point outside your home.