Zen Internet Speed tests help you check the speed at which your internet is working. In this article, we will explore how to take a speed test on Zen Internet, what your Zen speed test means, how to solve your speed problems on Zen Internet, and all the broadband speeds available on Zen Internet.
- How to take a speed test on Zen Internet
- What the results of your Zen speed test mean
- Solve your speed problems on Zen Internet
- All the broadband speeds available on Zen Internet
- Frequently Asked Questions about Zen Internet Speed Tests
How to take a speed test on Zen Internet
Zen Internet Speed tests are designed to help customers know when their speeds are not optimized so that they can resolve any issues. Moreover, one of the most important factors to consider when choosing a new internet service provider or deciding to stay with your current provider is how fast their connection is. Slow speeds will impede your download or gaming progress and affect your connectivity online.
Follow these steps to carry out your speed test on Zen Internet:
When you log in to Zen Internet’s site, you will find the option for speed tests. You can then choose one of two options.
- You can click on the direct link on the site and click GO.
- You can also visit the Zen speed test website, select “CHANGE SERVER,” and click GO.
You will immediately get the results of your speed tests. These results let you know if your internet is running optimally.
What the results of your Zen speed test mean
After taking the speed test with ZEN internet, you will immediately access the results. In the results portion, you will see figures in different colours indicating the results and speeds currently available on your network. Here is how to interprete the results of your speed test:
- The first set of yellow and green numbers show you the average download speeds attained during the speed test.
- The second set of yellow and green numbers, or burst, tells you the maximum download speed recorded.
- The numbers in blue show you the average and burst upload speeds recorded in the test.
After concluding the speed tests and interpreting the results, you can determine if your network speed is very slow, slow, optimum, fast, or fast. This is determined by comparing the speed test results to the broadband package you have registered for.
Solve your speed problems on Zen Internet
Zen Internet speed tests help you confirm when there are problems with your speed. Now in a situation where you have conducted the test and confirmed that you have slow speeds, try the following options to resolve your speed problems:
- Restart your device: Restarting your device can sometimes be like a magic ‘cure for all ills’. Many times, a simple reboot can resolve your speed issues and have you running optimally once again. You need to switch off or unplug your device and restart it.
- Check for Network issues in your Area: You can confirm if Zen has made any prior announcements about maintenance in your area that could affect your speed. You can also make use of the Live broadband status checker from Zen.
- Try using a wired connection, as WiFi can be unstable at times.
- Ensure you do not have too many apps and programs running simultaneously, affecting your speed.
- Try using a different Router to ensure the issue is not from your equipment. If the fault is from your equipment, it is advisable to get new equipment.
- As a final resort, get in touch with Zen Internet’s technical support to help you resolve your issues.
All the broadband speeds available on Zen Internet
Zen Internet offers a range of speeds depending on your needs as a user. The broadband speeds available on Zen are:
- Unlimited Broadband: This is ADSL broadband with an average download speed of 10Mbps.
- Unlimited Fibre 1: Fibre broadband with an average speed of 31Mbps.
- Unlimited Fibre 2: Fibre broadband with an average speed of 67Mbps.
- Ultrafast Broadband: Full fibre broadband with average download speeds of up to 900Mbps.
Frequently Asked Questions about Zen Internet Speed Tests
How do I contact Zen for Speed Issues?
Contact Zen Internet at 01706 902 573
How do I know if there are speed issues in my area?
Check the broadband status checker in your area.