Gigaclear Customer Service: An overall view
Gigaclear has common and frequent problems encountered by both customer and company. Gigaclear’s customer service face recurrent difficulties and problems both as a company and as encountered by customers.
Some common issues of Gigaclear’s customer service reported by customers are:
- Poor customer service
- Over promise on actions but under deliver of them
- Installation problems
- Poor support after installation
- Poor communication between company and customer and also departments within the company
- Unplanned outages
- Network issues
Poor customer service
One of the most frequent problems of the service reported was the substandard customer service. Customers outlined the appalling lack of communication from Gigaclear.
Customers ringing the Customer Service number reported waiting up to half an hour on the line for someone to answer or had no response to emails. They also reported that once you eventually spoke with an employee, they promised action or a call on a certain day but there would be no action or follow up.
Customers reported waiting days, even weeks for a follow up call or even a response to an email or call. Likewise, when they did receive a response, Gigaclear would confirm a visit but never actually pull through.
Gigaclear Frequent Problems:
- Another frequent problem described by customers was the promise of installation and connection not being true to the day or even week the customer was guaranteed. One customer reported the beginning of their communication with Gigaclear being lovely and personable but ‘’then the problems begin…. (they’ve) waited for 3 weeks to have an update on a 2nd attempted installation’’.
Customers reported calling the designated installation number after no response from the installation team and ending up being forward to a voicemail with no response.
After installation, you are entirely on your own with no support was another comment outlined.
- In 2020, Gigaclear reported 18 outages in their incident history.
In October 2020, they reported an unplanned outage in Berkshire, in November an emergency outage was reported again in Berkshire and in February 2021, there has been another unplanned outage in Berkshire.
Customers have reported many outages throughout 2020 which is very disruptive and frustrating especially given the current situation and a lot of people working from home.
Customer Service: Ways to Contact the Provider
On Gigaclear’s website, there is a support section.
There is an FAQ’s section for any common questions in which you may find an answer to one of yours.
For any enquiries regarding repairs, cost, network issues/services, internet network, outages etc you can contact the Customer Care Team at 01865 591131
In order to make a complaint, Gigaclear have a Complaints Policy to ensure that all complaints are handled as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- If you have any enquiries, complaints etc. you can contact the Customer Experience Team on 01865 591131 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any questions about your community or network in the community contact the Network Build Care Team on 01865 591137 or via email at email@example.com
- If you have any queries regarding Gigaclear’s installation service, please contact via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Regarding complaints, here are steps you can follow in order to make your complaint known to Gigaclear.
- If you have any query or complaint regarding your Gigaclear package, service, installation, or the build in your community, then they encourage you to telephone or email in the first instance as they want to resolve the vast majority of enquiries or complaints within your first contact with them.
- When your complaint has been resolved, you shall receive confirmation of this in writing. If your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction, and depending on the nature of your complaint, your case can be escalated to their Executive Office by emailing email@example.com. They will try to acknowledge your complaint within 24 working hours and will then thoroughly investigate your complaint.
- If the situation arises, and you are still unsatisfied with the response and/or resolution, then you can request for the matter to be reviewed by a second member of the Senior Management team. This can be done directly via email request.
- If the matter is still unresolved, then Gigaclear is a member of the Ombudsman Services: Communications who can arbitrate a complaint between yourself and Gigaclear. OS:C is a free, independent service approved by Ofcom that individuals and small businesses can use to settle their disputes with companies that are members. Ombudsman Services can be found at www.ombudsman-services.org