If you have made a decision to switch to iD mobile but would still like to keep your number, then you must request a PAC (Porting Authorization Code).
The PAC code is a 9-character code that allows you to transfer your mobile number to another carrier (iD mobile) and still keep your old number.
How to get a PAC Code
Getting your PAC number is easy, iD mobile describes it as “easy as 1-2-3”, therefore follow these three steps:
- To request for a PAC code by using your old SIM, text PAC to the number 65075; once you've sent the message, you'll receive a text in a matter of seconds with your PAC code.
- Provide your PAC code to iD mobile team when you buy your new plan from a store nearby. However, if you already have an iD SIM and number, then you can do it online through the iD mobile Official UK Site.
- Now lay back and relax, let iD mobile do the rest and move your old number to a new plan; this process should only take one working day.
Follow these three steps and you can find yourself with an awesome iD mobile plan for the next 30days.
Give me the exact time of how long it will take
Once you submit your PAC code, your number will be transferred within one working day or the next day between 8am and 10pm; however, this may not always be the case.
To keep your mind at ease, below is a list of the exact timescales depending on when you give iD mobile your PAC code:
- Monday before 5:30pm – Switch to iD mobile will happen on Tuesday
- Monday after 5:30pm to Tuesday before 5:30pm – Switch to iD mobile will happen on Wednesday
- Tuesday after 5:30pm to Wednesday before 5:30pm - Switch to iD mobile will happen on Thursday
- Wednesday after 5:30PM to Thursday before 5:30pm - Switch to iD mobile will happen on Friday
- Thursday after 5:30pm to Friday before 5:30pm - Switch to iD mobile will happen on Monday
- Friday after 5:30pm to Monday 5:30pm - Switch to iD mobile will happen on Tuesday
Customers should take note of submitting the PAC code on Thursday after 5:30pm, as they will not get their number the next day because of the weekend.
If you accidently submit your PAC code during a Bank Holiday, then it could take a few extra days but it depends on the date you submitted your PAC.
What you need to know
In case you were wondering if you need to pay to transfer your mobile number to iD mobile, the answer is NO, you won't be charged, but if your old network has any cancelation fees or outstanding balances, then you must cater to that on your own.
If at any chance you have not had your number transferred but you've already sent through your PAC code, don't worry the team will identify the problem and start to fix the issue.
iD mobile will automatically credit your account within 7-days line rental and, if you still haven't been switched over, then contact the team to resolve the issue.
Contact the team via Live Chat between 9am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am – 6pm Saturday to Sunday. Dial 7777 from your iD mobile phone or 0333 003 7777 from a landline or another mobile and explain the situation, agents are available from 9am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 6pm Saturday to Sunday.
Why it's important to keep your number
The main benefit of keeping an old number when moving to iD mobile is that friends and family will already have your mobile number saved in their phone. This will save you the hassle of having to reach out to family and friends to give them a new number.