Hyperoptic is a popular broadband provider in the UK, offering ultrafast fibre broadband, phone lines and more. But is their customer service up to scratch? If you are an existing Hyperoptic customer, you might want to contact their customer service for help or advice. We investigate its customer service online in this article, along with all the relevant details for existing customers.
Is Hyperoptic’s customer service good?
On the surface, Hyperoptic seems pretty hard to fault as an all-round reliable service. They have won multiple awards from various online review websites such as Trustpilot, which are displayed on their website.
From user reviews on various reputable websites, there is a lot of mixed opinions from customers. The company gets 3.75 stars for its customer service overall.
However, they score very highly with consumers on Trustpilot. It seems that the telephone customer service for existing customers is of a very high standard, whereas the online service can be hit and miss.
How do I contact Hyperoptic?
You can order your broadband now and switch at a later date by calling 0333 242 9476.
You can email or telephone their support 24/7, 7 days a week at the following email address and telephone number: email@example.com or 0333 332 1111.
You can email their support 24/7, 7 days a week at the following email address : firstname.lastname@example.org
They’ve also got a Live chat on their website which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Frequent troubleshooting issues
If your WIFI has stopped working, have a look at these two steps:
- Check your Hyperhub router to see if the WLAN or 2.4GHz/5GHz lights are on.
- If they’re not, try pressing the WLAN/WIFI button. This should re-connect your WIFI.
- Reboot your Device
- Connect to your Hyperhub using an Ethernet cable if you normally use it wirelessly.
- Try moving your computer/device to a different area if you’re using a wireless connection.
- If possible, verify the speed issues are not related to your computer by testing a different computer with the connection.
If you want to set up parental controls, follow the steps below:
- Log in to the web GUI of your Hyperhub router as an admin user. Your password is printed on back label of the Hyperhub router. If you do not have an account for admin user, you must create one.
- Go to Security, then Parental Control
- Enable it, User ID: IP, and enter the IP address of the PC for which you would like parental control to be active
- Define Time policy (i.e. every day or specific days of the week)
- Define Time interval (i.e. all day or specific time intervals during the day)
- Click on URL
- Choose account (User information) and enable it
- Mode discard and enter FQDN that you want to discard
- Disable parental control simply by unchecking Enable
In summary, Hyperoptic is hard to fault as an all-round reliable and fast broadband provider. Their reviews by past and present customers are testament to their professional and award winning service. As an existing customer, if you encounter issues or there is a delay with some aspect of your service, simply contact the customer service team through one of the many options available: telephone, email, live chat or social media. The frequently asked questions section on their website is also very straightforward and useful for customers with minor issues.