KCOM packages provide full fibre broadband and home phone services to customers across the Hull region. They have also recently begun to extend their coverage to Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. This article will look at various KCOM broadband packages, how much they cost, and the best deals available.
- What are KCOM broadband packages available?
- Prices for KCOM broadband packages
- Best deals for KCOM broadband packages
- Upgrade your KCOM broadband with call packages
- Frequently asked questions about KCOM broadband packages
What are KCOM broadband packages available?
KCOM broadband packages are known as Lightstream. KCOM Lightstream packages provide internet speeds ranging from 30Mbps to 900Mbps. There are five Lightstream broadband packages to select from, and all packages are genuinely unlimited broadband:
- Full Fibre Lite- 30Mbps download and 5Mbps upload
- Full Fibre 100- 100Mbps download and 30Mbps upload
- Full Fibre 300- 300Mbps download and 75Mbps upload
- Full Fibre 500- 500Mbps download and 100Mbps upload
- Full Fibre- 900Mbps download and 180Mbps upload
Prices for KCOM broadband packages
KCOM broadband is not the most affordable option available. However, given the available speeds, its broadband packages are comparable to those of other well-known providers.
Full Fibre Lite, KCOM's entry-level broadband package, provides average download speeds of 30Mbps and upload speeds of 5Mbps at £29.99 per month. Although this is a full fibre connection that ought to be adequate for most small households, the speeds are not fantastic. Consider one of the other packages if you want something more dependable.
KCOM's next package, Full Fibre 100, costs £39.99 and provides average download speeds of 100Mbps and upload speeds of 30Mbps. This is a much more reliable connection than Full Fibre Lite and should leave most small to medium-sized households happy with these speeds.
According to their official website, full Fibre 300 is KCOM's most popular broadband package. It is the ideal package for gamers and home office workers, with average download speeds of 300Mbps and upload speeds of 75Mbps for £49.99 per month.
At £59.99 per month, the Full Fibre 500 package provides an incredibly fast and reliable connection, with average download speeds of 500Mbps and upload speeds of 100Mbps. Such speeds should be adequate for large families and households with multiple internet users.
Full Fibre 900 is KCOM's premium broadband plan, with gigabit-capable speeds. This is for serious internet users, with massive average download speeds of 900Mbps and upload speeds of 180Mbps, all for £69.99 per month. In essence, there isn't much you won't be able to do on the internet with this connection.
Best deals for KCOM broadband packages
The table below shows the best KCOM broadband packages and their prices:
|Plan||Download Speed||Upload Speed||Monthly Contract||Setup Cost||Cost|
|Full Fibre 300||300Mbps||75Mbps||24 months||£0.00||£49.99|
|Full Fibre 500||500Mbps||100Mbps||24 months||£0.00||£59.99|
|Full Fibre 100||100Mbps||30Mbps||24 months||0.00||£39.99|
Upgrade your KCOM broadband with call packages
All KCOM broadband packages include calls as standard, but if you use your landline frequently, you can upgrade to one of KCOM's call packages. Your options are as follows:
- PAYG- includes a monthly line rental and unlimited local calls.
- UK landline- includes monthly line rental and unlimited UK calls to 01, 02, and 03 numbers and free calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers.
- UK landline and mobile- does exactly what it claims.
- All-inclusive calls – Monthly line rental is included, as are the free UK calls 24 hours a day, seven days a week (including 0845, 0870).
- International 1000 - Monthly line rental plus 1000 minutes to 45 countries (landlines only).
Frequently asked questions about KCOM broadband packages
Will the price of my KCOM broadband package change?
KCOM package prices are subject to CPI plus a 3.9% rise every March. For more information on this, visit KCOM's pricing page.
Do KCOM broadband packages include line rental?
Yes. KCOM broadband does not provide broadband-only plans; it requires a phone line to function.