Utility warehouse moving home is easy with the Utility Warehouse home movers team. This article will discuss what to do when moving homes: what to do before and after moving homes.
- How to move home with Utility Warehouse's broadband?
- When should you request your home move to Utility Warehouse?
- What to do before moving home with Utility Warehouse
- After moving home with Utility Warehouse broadband
- Contact Utility Warehouse's Homemovers Team
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to move home with Utility Warehouse's broadband?
To move home with utility warehouse, inform Utility Warehouse of the following information, and they'll take care of the rest:
- The new residence you will be occupying.
- Day your new tenancy begins, or the day you purchased the property.
- When your current lease expires or when you sold your present home.
- If you use UW broadband with UW energy and don't have smart metres, your closing metre readings.
Do you have a smart metre?
Please leave behind any instructions you were given and your in-home smart metre display, which displays how much energy you use if you have one at your current residence. If you take the metre somewhere else, the display won't function because the smart metre is connected to that location.
If a smart metre has been installed in your new house, it should already be set up and ready for you to use.
When should you request your home move to Utility Warehouse?
UW must receive at least two working days' notice before you vacate your current address, but you can notify them up to 28 days in advance.
Please contact UW at least 14 to 21 days before moving if you want to bring your landline and broadband to your new address so we can make arrangements for the transfer in time for your move.
Depending on whether UW is already set up at the new property, there may be a delay in setting up your energy service. Please get in touch with us as soon as your move-in date has been confirmed.
If you intend to relocate, Utility Warehouse will need a moving date confirmed before they can close your account or move it to your new address. Inform Utility Warehouse when you do so.
What to do before moving home with Utility Warehouse
There's only one thing you must do before moving homes with utility warehouse: you must contact utility warehouse's dedicated home movers team, and they will do the rest.
They will ask you for the following:
- The new house you're moving to.
- When your new lease begins, or the day you purchased the property.
- When your current lease expires or the date your existing home was sold.
- If you don't have smart metres, your closing metre readings.
After moving home with Utility Warehouse broadband
If you informed utility warehouse before moving home, you wouldn't need to do anything after moving homes. If not, Utility warehouse will close your account the day after you notify them that you have moved or the day after the new owner or occupant establishes an account with them or another energy supplier at the address that was formerly associated with your account.
Contact Utility Warehouse's Homemovers Team
You can call the Utility warehouse homemovers team on 0333 777 0777 to tell them when you want to change addresses. They will handle everything else. You won't need to do anything else.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to notify UW that I'm relocating if I'm a Prepayment customer?
Yes. It enables UW to verify that your information is accurate and that they can get in touch with you to send you any remaining credit on your metre.
I want to let UW know that I am leaving a UW-supplied property.
To ensure your home move is performed professionally, regardless of whether you plan to retain your services at your new home, call the UW Home Move Team at 0333 777 0777.
I informed UW when I planned to move, but the time has since altered. What should I do?
Just inform the utility warehouse home move team of your new relocation date, and they will ensure that your account information is changed to reflect the new date.