Virgin Media moving home packages are designed to ensure that you do not have to miss out on your Virgin Media services or change providers when you move home. In this article, we will address the moving home service at Virgin Media, how to do it, fees and prices, cancellation, and how long it takes to change your address and contact number.
- Moving home with Virgin Media: how to change your address
- How to cancel your home move with Virgin Media
- Moving home with Virgin Media: contact number
- How long does it take to move home with Virgin Media?
- Moving home with Virgin Media: Are there any fees
- Frequently Asked Questions about Virgin Media Home Move
Moving home with Virgin Media: how to change your address
Tick the following boxes if you are a Virgin Media user looking to move homes.
- Ensure to provide Virgin Media with sufficient notice before your move. The earlier the notice, the better. The minimum recommended time notice is about 30 days. However, if you can give earlier notice, that works perfectly. Providing the information early enough gives Virgin Media time to ensure everything is ready on your given date. Also, it gives them time to go through your options and help ensure you are on the best package for you.
- Know the terms of your Contract. Ensure you know the details of your package and how long is left on your Contract. If you have time left in your Contract, you can easily transfer services to your new home. Also, you can either continue on the same package or upgrade to a new one.
- Check if Virgin Media Services are available at your new location. You can easily check if you can assess Virgin Media services at your new location by providing Virgin Media with your new address and running a check using the postcode checker. Suppose your new property has had Virgin Media previously. In that case, you can easily self-install your broadband without needing an engineer, but if there is Virgin Media in the area but not at your address, you will need the service of an Engineer.
To change your account details, log on to My Virgin Media and click My Profile at the top of the page. You´ll be able to change your contact information, email address, date of birth, and more.
Once you have followed these steps, you can move homes and continue to enjoy your Virgin Media Broadband, TV, and Phone services. You get to take your equipment with you during the move, and Virgin Media will run the installation on the agreed date.
How to cancel your home move with Virgin Media
No matter how long you have been using the service, you reserve the right to cancel your home move with Virgin media. Nevertheless, Virgin Media can charge you an early disconnection fee if you are still within the minimum period. If you are on a 30-day rolling contract, you can give a 30-day notice and cancel the service.
Also, you might need to cancel your move with Virgin Media for several reasons, including the service being unavailable at your new location, or maybe you want to switch providers. Whatever the reason, there are many other options available.
Furthermore, you can cancel your Contract in three ways- by letter, via call and by text.
Moving home with Virgin Media: contact number
You can get in touch by calling on 0345 454 1111 or sending a message via the online chat service. Also, you can reach virgin media using the options on your app.
How long does it take to move home with Virgin Media?
Virgin Media´s home move does not have a fixed time frame. While this is so, it is necessary to inform Virgin Media early. A good option is to provide the notice immediately you have a new place that you intend to move into. This means there will be sufficient time to provide all equipment and ensure that you are completely set up when you move.
Moving home with Virgin Media: Are there any fees
There are a few things to note about the fees associated with moving homes.
- If you are moving to a Location without Virgin Media´s Broadband, you do not have to pay an early disconnection fee.
- If you already have a Virgin Media connection point at your new address, you do not have to pay any fee.
- A fee of €60 applies for every new connection point.
Frequently Asked Questions about Virgin Media Home Move
Can I change my Package when Moving Homes?
Yes, you can. Contact Virgin Media and find the plan most suited to you. Note that extra fees may apply depending on your new plan.