Virgin Media Speed levels remain some of the fastest Broadband speeds available Amid a lot of competition in the United Kingdom (UK). This article will discuss the different broadband speeds available and average download and upload speeds. We will also talk about how to boost your internet connection, speed guarantee and complaints.
- What speeds does Virgin Media offer?
- Virgin Media speeds average upload speed.
- Average download speed of Virgin Media
- What are Virgin Media speeds available in your area?
- Virgin Media speeds: get a speed boost
- Frequently asked questions about Virgin Media’s speeds.
What speeds does Virgin Media offer?
Virgin Media provides the fastest range of speeds in the UK compared to its competitors. Furthermore, each speed level is based on the need of the customer and the number of devices connected to the network. The Broadband packages you can get on Virgin Media are listed below.
- M50: This is Virgin Media’s entry package Speed. It suits smaller households with about four (4) devices connected to WiFi. It supports regular online activities such as Gaming and online streaming.
- M100: This provides value in the fact that multiple users can be online at the same time carrying out their activities. This is great for households with five (5) to nine (9) devices being used at the same time. Problems may only occur if you all consume a large amount of data.
- M200: This bundle works perfectly for you if you are looking for super-fast download speeds and 4K streaming. With Virgin Media’s M200 fibre broadband package, you can carry out heavy data activities like constantly uploading videos while streaming simultaneously. This package is perfectly suited for households with up to ten (10) heavy-duty devices being used simultaneously.
- M350: This is one of the UK’s widely available broadband options. Also, it guarantees you an amazing streaming and gaming experience without any form of interruption. This package allows simultaneous Gaming using multiple devices while streaming at incredible speeds, uploading to the Cloud and downloading on another device. It is perfect for households with multiple Gamers and Movie lovers.
- M500: This fibre broadband is fast enough to download an HD movie in a minute. It also allows gamers to download their games at incredible speeds. This Virgin Media speed is also suitable for households with multiple gamers and movie lovers looking for speed.
- Gig 1 Fibre Broadband: This speed provided solely by Virgin Media is currently the fastest speed in the UK. While this speed is not designed for households, it provides ultra-fast and reliable speeds. Also, it allows for an unlimited number of devices to be connected and used in corporate organizations. It also supports streaming in Ultra high definition and multiple Gaming.
Virgin Media speeds average upload speed.
Virgin Media upload speeds differ depending on which speed package you have subscribed to. In other words, the higher your speed package, the higher your upload speeds.
- M50: This comes with an average upload speed of 5Mbps.
- M100: This comes with an average upload speed of 10Mbps.
- M200: This comes with an average upload speed of 20Mbps.
- M350: This comes with an average upload speed of 36Mbps.
- M500: This also comes with an average upload speed of 36Mbps.
- M200: This comes with an average upload speed of 52Mbps.
Average download speed of Virgin Media
The download speeds available on Virgin Media are available to customers based on your speed package.
- M50: This comes with an average upload speed of 54Mbps.
- M100: This comes with an average upload speed of 108Mbps.
- M200: This comes with an average upload speed of 213Mbps. This speed is ideal for households with Gamers.
- M350: This comes with an average upload speed of 362Mbps.
- M500: This also comes with an average upload speed of 516Mbps.
- M200: This comes with an average upload speed of 1130Mbps.
What are Virgin Media speeds available in your area?
Virgin Media provides different Speed services for customers in different locations. Also, the speeds that you get depend on Virgin Media’s network availability in your area.
You can use the Virgin Media postcode checker to know which speeds are available to you. You need to provide your postcode and address, and virgin media will provide you with information on what speeds are available.
Virgin Media speeds: get a speed boost
When it comes to Broadband, speed is very important. Try any of these tips if you have issues with your broadband speed.
- Check that your router is compatible with your Broadband.
- Ensure you are not using too many devices on your network.
- Please change any old cables.
- Check that no devices in the area interfere with your WiFi signal.
- Contact your internet service provider to check your connection.
Frequently asked questions about Virgin Media’s speeds.
Is there a speed guarantee on Virgin Media?
Virgin Media guaranteed fifty per cent of the advertised speed when you purchased your package.
Can I make a slow-speed complaint on Virgin Media?
Yes, you can. Contact Virgin Media via mail, phone or text.