Virgin Media upgrades are for customers of Virgin Media who are considering getting a service more suited to their current needs. In this article, we will discuss the different upgrades at Virgin Media; phones, routers, broadband and mobile plans. We will also discuss the legal conditions of these upgrades, fees, and contract terms.
- Upgrade on Virgin Media: enjoy new features and services.
- Upgrade your phone on Virgin Media
- Upgrade your router on Virgin Media: replace your Hub with a new one.
- Upgrade your Virgin Media broadband
- Frequently asked questions about Virgin Media upgrades.
Upgrade on Virgin Media: enjoy new features and services.
There are a few reasons why you might want to change your Virgin Media package. One reason might be that you are moving houses and would like to try other options. Another reason could be that your current contract is close to its expiration. Whatever the reason, upgrading your package gives you better features such as faster speeds, better additional equipment like the sim-only deal, and lower bills on your call plan. Furthermore, you can choose to add Virgin TV to your existing plan.
Upgrade your phone on Virgin Media
Upgrading your phone on Virgin Media upgrades falls into various categories for existing customers.
- You can upgrade early using the trade-up option. To trade up, you need to chat with Virgin Media. You will be required to send your current device to Virgin Media to get a new one quickly. Additional fees will apply depending on what new phone you choose.
- Also, you can upgrade your phone by paying off the remaining credit on your freestyle contract for the remaining duration.
- If you are out of contract, you can pick a new phone from the options available at Virgin Media and pay as low as a new customer.
- You can also add the Sim-only package to your current phone package.
The best way to process your upgrade is via your ‘My Virgin Media account. Here, you can check what plan you are currently on and what upgrades are available.
Upgrade your router on Virgin Media: replace your Hub with a new one.
Virgin Media has great options for you if you are currently on an old plan or using an older version of the Hub. The latest router launched by Virgin is the Virgin Media Hub 5. This comes with the latest WiFi standards and extra antennae for better coverage. With this in mind, if you aren’t on Hub 5, you have the option of an upgrade.
The upgrade you are eligible for depends on the kind of Hub you have currently.
- If you have the Super Hub 1, 2 or 2ac, you can easily upgrade to a Hub 3 without paying any extra fee.
- If you have Hub 3, you can upgrade to Hub 4, a great advancement from Hub 3.
The best way to process your upgrade is via your ‘My Virgin Media account.
Also, when replacing your Hub, it is important to ensure that you properly install your new Hub. First, disconnect the old Hub, and next, return the old kit if you had a collect plus later with your old kit. Connect and start up the old kit.
Upgrade your Virgin Media broadband
First, as an existing Virgin Media user, upgrading your broadband is always a great idea as it gives you assess to faster speeds. You can get these faster speeds by upgrading your current package to get a better downloading, streaming and gaming experience. Also, you get some great new features when you upgrade your Broadband package.
- On Virgin Media’s Hub 3, 4 or 5, you get Intelligent WiFi Technology which ensures that all devices on your network receive the same amount of WiFi.
- The Hub 5 technology has some unique features, such as the WiFi 6 built specifically to meet the demands of households with multiple devices.
Upgrade your package by connecting with the Virgin Media help team via the app or the website or by calling them on 0345 454 1111.
Frequently asked questions about Virgin Media upgrades.
Can I upgrade my Hub on Virgin Media for free?
Yes, you can. Virgin Media offers upgrades to Hub 4 and Hub 5 at no extra cost.
How many times can I upgrade on Virgin Media?
Virgin Media allows you to upgrade your service as often as once a Month.