Do you want to cancel your BT Sports package, monthly pass or subscription? Perhaps you aren’t using it enough or you want to save some money. In the article What does BT Sport offer, we briefly covered the steps to cancelling your package.
This article will answer some of the most frequently asked questions about the ins and outs of cancelling BT Sports, what fees you might encounter, and contract end dates.
Can I cancel BT Sports?
You can always cancel a subscription or package, however you may face early termination charges or extra fees, depending on where you are in your contract. BT hasn't become a major company for no reason, and so they will want to keep you as a customer. Make sure you read your contract terms in detail, and have your account number on hand so that you know exactly where you stand legally.
How to cancel BT Sport on Sky
If you have BT Sports on Sky, it can be confusing trying to find out who you need to call to cancel your subscription or monthly pass. You have to contact BT directly and not Sky, who is merely the host for your monthly or yearly BT Sport package.
Ring 0800 783 1401 from a UK landline or +44 150 174 7714 from abroad to cancel your BT Sports subscription.
How to cancel BT Sport on other providers
Here’s a table which details the steps to follow to cancel BT Sports on EE, Virgin Media, TalkTalk TV and Plusnet.
- You can cancel your BT Sport subscription at any time by texting STOP SPORT to 150 or through My EE.
- If you opt to cancel within the three months, you'll continue to have free access to BT Sport until your next renewal date, which is on the monthly anniversary of the service being added to your account.
- See here for more information.
- You can pause your BT Sport subscription online, giving you time to organise cancellation.
- To do so, head to Virgin Media's site and login.
- Contact BT directly on 0800 783 1401 (UK LANDLINE) or +44 150 174 7714 (from abroad)
- You can add or remove the BT Sport channel pack by browsing www.plus.net/tv/channelpacks and following the instructions on screen.
- Channel packs have a minimum 1 month term.
How to cancel BT Broadband
Cancelling BT broadband can be done in a similar way to the cancellation process of other packages from BT. You will need to call BT directly on either 0800 783 1401 (UK Landline) or +44 150 174 7714 from abroad. At the moment, there is no way to cancel BT Broadband from online.
How to cancel BT TV
You may cancel BT sport for free within 14 days, by filling out this form filling out this form. Otherwise, you must call BT directly via the previously listed numbers.
Contract end dates?
There are three different ways to find out your contract end date by contacting BT directly.
- Log into the MyBT account portal.
- Select "My Orders" from the Support menu.
- Select your current broadband contract and select "Show contract terms"’.
- Your contract details should be listed under Contract Terms.
- Over the phone:
Call BT on 0800 800 150 and ask the agent to explain when your contract finishes. Customer service is open Monday to Friday 8:00 am - 9:00 pm, Saturday 8:00 am - 8:00 pm, and Sunday 9:00 pm - 6:00 pm.
You will need your security details for verification purposes but once verified, the agent should be able to tell you exactly when your BT broadband contract ends.
- Live chat online:
Visit the BT help page and click the "Chat now’" option on the right of the screen. If you can't see live chat try disabling any browser extensions which block adverts or trackers, as these may prevent the chat option from appearing.
Live chat is available between 7:00 am and 10.45 pm seven days a week.
You will need your security details for verification purposes.
Are there early cancellation fees? If so, what are they?
Yes, if you want to cancel early, you will face a fee for each month that remains on your contract at the time of your cancellation. (Minus VAT and an additional 1%). BT has a very handy Price Guide, which has a dedicated section to Early Cancellation Fees with two examples of how the fees are calculated.
In summary, the easiest way to cancel BT Sports is by ringing their customer service directly. If you have another provider, you may pause or cancel your subscription via their online accounts. Best of luck!