The BT mobile Wi-Fi dongle gives you superfast access to the internet through your PC. It is easy to set up and portable, so you enjoy fast internet on the go. This article discusses BT mobile Wi-Fi dongle: what a BT mobile Wi-Fi dongle is, the options available, and BT mobile Wi-Fi dongle deals and packages. Let's dive into it.
What is a mobile Wi-Fi dongle?
Otherwise known as a Wi-Fi dongle, Wi-Fi stick, internet stick or USB network adaptor, a dongle is a small modem that allows you to access 3G, 4G or 5G data (depending on your dongle plan) by plugging it into a USB port on the device you're using.
Dongles are ideal when using your laptop in airports, cafes, or even taxis, where internet access isn't always guaranteed. They can also come in handy when travelling or staying somewhere new. If you live in a big property, a dongle can be used in areas Wi-Fi can't reach, although it won't provide the best connection for data-heavy activities such as streaming unless a speedier 5G network is accessible.
How does the BT mobile Wi-Fi dongle work
The BT internet dongle comes with the BT hub 4, and you can also purchase it from the BT shop. The BT internet dongle connects to your Wi-Fi or BT hotspot to give you a faster internet connection, especially where the BT signal is weak in your house.
Pros and Cons of using a BT mobile dongle
Find below a list of benefits using a BT mobile dongle offers.
- You may easily set it up yourself without hiring a professional installation.
- Gives you the freedom to instantly connect to the internet while you're on the go.
- With the proper data plan, you can take it with you and occasionally use it abroad.
- Small and uses the battery in your device.
- If a 5G connection is available in your area, it can offer better speeds than other fixed line options if you don't have access to fast fibre broadband at home or it has gone down.
- It is ideal if you only require broadband for a short period because you may frequently use it on a pay-as-you-go or short-term data plan basis.
Find a list of disadvantages when you use a BT mobile dongle.
- Only locations where 3G, 4G, or 5G data is accessible allow internet connections.
- The UK does not have nationwide availability of 5G, the fastest mobile data.
- If you intend to use it at home or while travelling for an extended time, it isn't the greatest replacement because it is slower than most fixed-line broadband connections.
- Can only have one active connection at once, and the connected device must have a USB port.
BT mobile Wi-Fi dongle: options available
The table below shows the available BT mobile Wi-Fi dongle options.
|Wi-Fi dongle 300||
|Dual-band wi-fi dongle 600||
|11ac Dual-Band Wi-Fi Dongle 610||
|11ac Dual-Band Wi-Fi Dongle 900||
BT mobile Wi-Fi dongle for PC
BT mobile Wi-Fi dongles for PC include:
- Wi-Fi dongle 300
- Dual-band Wi-Fi dongle 600
- 11ac Dual-Band Wi-Fi Dongle 610
- 11ac Dual-Band Wi-Fi Dongle 900.
Pay-as-you-go BT mobile Wi-Fi dongle.
With the BT internet dongle, you can connect to a BT hotspot using the BT on-demand hotspot access. The table below provides information on BT on-demand hotspot access.
BT Mobile and Broadband customers have free, unrestricted access to the BT Wi-Fi network.