Wifi extenders are devices that increase wifi signals to your home's dead zones. Wifi boosters intercept router signals, enhance them and re-broadcast them to those dead zones. This post will discuss BT wifi boosters, the available models, and how to set them up.
- What Are BT wifi Extenders and Boosters For?
- Boosters and wifi Extenders from BT: Available Models
- How to Easily Set Up Your BT wifi Extender
- Can I Get a Free wifi Extender with BT?
- Frequently Asked Questions about BT's Wi-Fi Extenders and Boosters
What Are BT wifi Extenders and Boosters For?
Their job is simple; they help extend the range of your wifi. The best WiFi boosters for constant, dependable high speed WiFi to every floor and nook of your home are WiFi Network Extenders.
Boosters and wifi Extenders from BT: Available Models
The available wifi boosters and wifi extenders include;
- BT wifi Extender 1200 with 11ac 1200 Dual-Band wifi.
- BT Essentials wifi Extender 300 with N300 wifi.
- BT Broadband Extender Flex 600 Kit.
- BT Broadband Extender Flex 1000 Kit.
- BT Mini wifi Home Hotspot 600 Kit.
- BT Mini wifi Home Hotspot 600 Multi-Kit.
How to Easily Set Up Your BT wifi Extender
The BT wifi extender setup is easy. You can configure the wifi Booster/wifi Extender using the WPS method. WPS means wifi Protected Setup and is commonly used for home routers/networks.
To link your BT Dual-band wifi extender, follow three simple steps.
- Connect the wifi Extender Close to the BT Router
- Connect Both Devices
- Place the wifi Extender in the Best Position
Follow the instructions below before beginning the process:
- Find the WPS button located on the BT wifi extender.
- Do the same thing with the BT wifi home hub.
Connect the wifi Extender Close to the BT Router
The first thing to do is connect the wifi booster to the power supply. It would be best if you made this connection close to the BT wireless router. Then wait 10 to 20 seconds so the booster can power up and its Power Lights turn Green.
Connect Both Devices
Nowadays, every BT wireless router has a WPS (Wireless Protective Setup) button, so you can easily connect the booster. Once you've found the WPS button and turned on the booster (Step 1), proceed with the procedures below.
- Press and hold the WPS button on the BT Broadband router for at least 1 second.
- Also, press and hold the WPS button on the booster for at least 2 seconds.
- Wait for the WPS light to stop flashing.
Place the wifi Extender in the Best Position.
Finally, when the WPS light is steady, it would be best to determine the optimal range between the dead zone and your router. Check the state of the indicators on your wifi extender to determine the ideal distance.
When it turns green, your extender is in the best possible location. You can get internet access from here, even in your dead zone.
|Green||The BT Wi-Fi extender is at optimal range from the Wi-Fi router.For optimal performance, place the Wi-Fi extender at the optimal distance.|
|Orange||The BT Wi-Fi booster is very close to the BT router.However, a Wi-Fi extender will connect.|
|Red||The Wi-Fi extender is too close to or far away from the broadband router.|
Can I Get a Free wifi Extender with BT?
If one BT wifi booster Disc does not provide you with wifi across every corner, BT will send you up to three complimentary discs for free.
Frequently Asked Questions about BT's Wi-Fi Extenders and Boosters
Why Is My BT Wi-Fi Booster Disc Flashing Red?
If it's blinking blue, you have two minutes to hit the WPS button on the pc or laptop. If it blinked red, it did not connect; wait a few minutes and reconnect.
Do BT Broadband Extenders Come with a Connection Guarantee?
BT usually sends additional discs to ensure a reliable Wi-Fi connection everywhere in your house. They will send you up to three discs to ensure this. If you still do not have a reliable internet connection, BT will give you a one-off credit off your next BT bill.