Is your XLN internet down? This article will show you how to check if your area's XLN network is down. It will also tell you what to do if your XLN wifi is not working, how to report a problem to XLN, other XLN problems and how to solve them and more.
How to check if the internet is down on XLN
There are two different ways to check if your XLN internet is down.
- Use the XLN network status checker.
- Use the Downdetector by ookla.
How to use the XLN network status checker
Follow these easy steps to use the XLN status checker
- Visit the XLN network status checker page
- Type in your postcode in the "Check your network coverage" section.
- Select the type of network you want to check, 3G, 4G or 5G.
- Click the search icon (the magnifying glass).
How to use the Downdetector by ookla
Follow these easy steps to use the Downdetector by ookla
- Visit the Downdetector by ookla page
- Type in XLN in the search menu
- Downdetector will display any known problems with XLN's network.
What to do if your XLN wifi is not working
You can do one of the following if your XLN wifi is not working
Unplug your router from the power source and wait at least 30 seconds before plugging it back in.
When you re-energize your router, the following lights should illuminate:
- Power light - Green and steady.
- Broadband light - flashes for up to 2 minutes before turning green and stable.
- Wifi light: This light will begin to blink green after up to 2 minutes.
- Internet light - This light will start flashing green after 2-3 minutes if the Broadband light is green and stable,
Restart your computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone, or other devices connected to the router.
Change the broadband ADSL filter (XLN provided you two - they are little boxes that plug directly into your main phone socket and allow you to connect your router and phone or other equipment simultaneously).
Replace the broadband cable that links your router to the broadband ADSL filter.
If you can't connect wirelessly, try changing the Ethernet cable, waiting 30 seconds, and reconnecting to the internet.
Disconnect anything connected to the phone line, such as card and fax machines, to ensure they aren't interfering with your broadband. After that, wait around 2 minutes before attempting to connect to the internet by opening a webpage.
Report a problem to XLN
Calling XLN's service team at 0344 880 7777 is the quickest approach to get answers, or technical support. They answer calls within three rings and resolve 90% of problems on the first call.
If you want to make a complaint, fill out the simple form below or call their complaints service at 0800 652 2530. During normal business hours, XLN makes every effort to respond to all written inquiries within 30 minutes.
Please have your account number ready to expedite the process.
Other XLN problems: phone line down
If your XLN phone line is down, please do the following
- Check the XLN status checker to see if your area has a known problem.
- If there is no known problem in your area, the fault is from your apartment.
- Check that you have connected your phone properly to the main socket. Please understand that if you use a main socket with a single socket, you must use a microfilter, or your phone will not work.
- Contact XLN's customer care to report your problem.