Hyperoptic installation process has been very fast in recent years. This article will help customers who want to know how the installation on Hyperoptic works, what the process is, and what they will need.
- Hyperoptic installation process: how is it?
- How to book your Hyperoptic installation
- Prepare for a Hyperoptic installation
- Frequently asked questions about Hyperoptic's installation.
Hyperoptic installation process: how is it?
On the day of your Hyperoptic installation, one of their engineers will come to your home to install a socket or internal fibre converter, connect the router, and ensure that your service is up and running without a hitch before they leave—all in one hour.
The Hyperoptic cable installation process is as follows:
- Arrival: Before beginning, an engineer arrives on time and walks you through everything.
- Cabling: In most situations, the engineer will drill a tiny hole (10 mm) above your front door. They will then covertly thread a surface-mounted cable inside your home to the nearest plug socket. They occasionally employ an internal fibre converter.
- Installation: A fibre connector or a tiny socket will be mounted on the wall next to the plug. Both will enable you to connect to our service by plugging in your Hyperhub router.
- Connection: The engineer will configure the Hyperhub router and launch your service.
- Clean Up: The average time for Hyperoptic broadband installation is one hour, and the engineer always cleans up after themselves. Before scheduling the installation, ensure you have the landlord's or homeowner's approval if you rent.
How to book your Hyperoptic installation
Once you've placed your order, you can schedule an installation through My Account at a time and date that works for you, even the next day and Saturday, if available.
The Hyperoptic installation process typically takes one hour. Please be aware that some drilling will be necessary. However, the engineer will clean up after themselves and check to see that you are generally operating before leaving.
Prepare for a Hyperoptic installation
You must do a few tasks after scheduling to prepare for your installation. You can get all the information you need about your installation from the following points, which will help you prepare for the engineer's visit.
You must verify the following before the appointment:
- On the scheduled appointment day, access will be given by someone available. An engineer will need to come to your home to complete the installation, so please plan to be there or make arrangements for someone to let him in. You could be charged £200 for any upcoming appointments if the engineer cannot enter your premises.
- The location of the Hyperoptic socket: The installation of your Hyperoptic socket will often occur within 10 meters of your front door and close to the nearest power outlet. If you want to move the installation into a different room by an additional 30 meters, you should contact Customer Support. This information will move the Hyperoptic installation time to up to two hours. The extension service costs £30.
- Clear the hallway: The Hyperoptic plug will often be installed in your hallway, close to your front door and near a power supply, unless otherwise stated, so please make sure the area is maintained clear.
- Getting your appointment confirmed: The engineer will call you the night before to confirm your appointment and give you an estimated arrival time.
Please give at least 24 hours' notice if you need to change or cancel your appointment. If you don't, you risk being charged £200 for a subsequent installation.
Frequently asked questions about Hyperoptic's installation.
- Does Hyperoptic come with a router?
Yes, every customer who orders a service will get a Hyperhub router.
- How quickly can I activate my Hyperoptic?
Once your installation is finished, you can immediately begin using your Hyperoptic service.
- What are Hyperoptic installation hours?
Installations for hyperoptic systems take place Monday through Saturday between 9 am and 5 pm.
- What is an activation date?
The day your Hyperoptic service is set to launch is known as your activation date. Normally, this is the same day as your installation, but you can select a different activation date through My Account.
If I am having Hyperoptic installed, should I tell my landlord?
Before scheduling the installation, ensure you have the landlord's or homeowner's approval if you rent.
How long does a Hyperoptic installation last?
Installation of a hyperoptic is quick and straightforward. The installation can be scheduled six days a week at a time that works for you and typically lasts an hour, but if you change the location of the Hyperhub socket from the door to about 30 meters, the installation might last for up to two hours. The engineers will set up your service and clean up all of our mess before they go.
Do I need to activate my broadband after my Hyperoptic installation?
Once your installation is finished, you can immediately begin using your Hyperoptic service. Your installation can be scheduled through My Account.
As an alternative, if you want to postpone Hyperoptic activation, you can:
- Online, choose a day up to 30 days following installation.
- Call Hyperoptic to choose a day up to 90 days following installation.
You can immediately go live if you already have a Hyperoptic socket installed! Place an order for service, and you will be up and running in no time.
Is there an activation fee on Hyperoptic?
If you choose the standard installation, there is no Hyperoptic installation fee (but extensions and bespoke installation services will be subject to applicable charges).