The Three 5G Hub is one of the more recent releases by the company, and it has come with a lot of hype and expectations. In this article, we will be reviewing the 5G hub. We will answer questions like what it is, how to get it, and whether it is good. Also, we will be comparing the 5G hub with previous models, including the 4G hub, and checking out the differences and perks.
- What is Three`s 5G Hub?
- How to get a 5G Hub on Three
- Three's 5G Hub review: is it any good?
- What is the difference between Three's 5G and 4G Hub?
- All the broadband Hubs available on Three
- Frequently Asked Questions about Three 5G Hub
What is Three`s 5G Hub?
Three 5G Hub is the latest router release from Three. This latest 5G Hub router was released in September 2022. It is called the Zyxel NR5103E. When you sign up for any of their broadband deals for three customers, you get the 5G hub. Furthermore, this 5G broadband is available across select postcodes in the United Kingdom (UK).
The 5G Hub replaces the former 4G hub, which was used by Three. This is a welcome improvement as the 4G hub was largely ignored in preference of Fibre broadband because of speed. The new 5G hub provides faster speeds for streaming videos and gaming.
Features of Three 5G Hub
The 5G Hub has the following features:
- Unlimited Data
- Download speeds of up to 4700 Megabits per second (Mbps)
- Dual-band WiFi
- Connects up to 64 devices
- 2 gigabit Ethernet ports
- White color
- Weighs 650g
- Dimensions: 13.1 x 22.7 x 13.3 cm
How to get a 5G Hub on Three
Getting a 5G hub on Three is a really simple process. Three offers you their 5G hub when you sign up for any of their broadband plans. You can also get an upgrade to 5G if you already have an older model hub you use.
Broadband plans on Three.
Three offers you one-month rolling contracts or a twenty-four (24) month contract depending on your preference.
- One Month Rolling contract: For £24, you get access to Three's 5G broadband. At the end of the month, you can decide to renew your contract or opt-out of it.
- Twenty-four (24) month contract: This contract comes for £10 for the first six (6) months and £20 after that. This plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Once you have subscribed to any of the above broadband plans, you can expect a Three 5G Hub. When upgrading your plan to an existing Three customer, you also get the new hub.
Steps to get the 5G Hub on Three
Take the following steps to get the 5G hub on Three:
- Check for 5G availability in your area using the Three coverage checker.
- Get on Three's website and check what plan best suits your needs.
- Subscribe for a one-month rolling or twenty-four (24) month contract.
- Upgrade your subscription if you have an older model Hub.
- Get your hub delivered in the next three days.
- Plug in your hub and start enjoying 5G connectivity.
Three's 5G Hub review: is it any good?
Three 5G hub has gotten a lot of positive reviews from users across the country. To help you determine if it is the best choice for you, we will investigate the advantages and disadvantages of this hub.
Advantages of the Three 5G hub
Here are some reasons why the 5G hub is a great choice.
- Easy to set up: you do not need an engineer or any complex procedure. You only need to plug in the hub, and you are good to go.
- No setup fees
- Best prices
- Speeds as fast as the Fibre broadband offerings of competitors.
- Unlimited data
- 4K streaming
- Near instant downloads
- Home broadband
- Many devices at once
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Six months half price
- Unobtrusive design
Disadvantages of the Three 5G hub
Here are some of the downsides to the Three 5G hub.
- You only get it in one color
- Relies solely on 5G network
- It must be plugged in
- Only two Ethernet ports
What is the difference between Three's 5G and 4G Hub?
The Three 5G hub is a huge improvement on the previous 4G option, and here is why:
- The 5G hub offers speeds way faster than the 4G option.
- The 5G hub's speed rivals those of the best fibre speeds available, unlike the 4G hub, which was a bit slow.
- The 4G hub supports more wired connections, while the 5G hub tries to reduce the use of wires.
All the broadband Hubs available on Three
There are three broadband hubs available on Three. They are:
- Three 5G Hub
- Three 4G Hub
- Three 4G Plus Hub
Frequently Asked Questions about Three 5G Hub
How do I switch to Three?
Switching to Three is easy. Just text PAC to 65075 to get a code from your previous provider and then fill in our Bring your number to Three forms.
Do I get the Three 5G Hub on any Broadband package I choose?
Yes, you do. Subscribe to any broadband contract and get the 5G router as an add-on