With Vodafone broadband, moving house is very easy. In this article, we discuss moving homes with Vodafone, what to do before and when moving house, and how long your moving house process will take.
- What to do when moving home with Vodafone broadband
- How long will a Vodafone home move take?
- What you need to know before moving house with Vodafone Broadband
- Moving home with Vodafone: a great opportunity to upgrade!
- Frequently Asked Questions about Moving Homes with Vodafone
What to do when moving home with Vodafone broadband
To help out existing customers looking to move homes, Vodafone has a very organized home moving service to ensure you do not have to spend even a single day without your internet connection when you move homes. If you are a Vodafone customer looking to move homes, take the following steps.
- Check for Vodafone's availability at your new address. You can verify this by using the Vodafone availability checker. You can also check for the speed available at your new address.
- Know the terms of your contract. Ensure that you have a registered account. Check what package you are currently on. Also, ensure that you do not have any outstanding bills. Poor credit can be a problem if you are moving homes.
- Make sure to have all the documents for your new home handy. For Vodafone to attend to your home move request, it must be proven that you are the legal owner or occupant of the property.
- Ensure you give at least a thirty (30) day notice to the Vodafone home move team. A team is dedicated to handling all your requests on your home move.
- Put in a request for a home move by contacting Vodafone with your account details and the address you are moving to.
- Pack the necessary equipment for the installation. Ensure to take your Router with you.
- If you have given prior notice, your installation can be done on the day of your move.
How long will a Vodafone home move take?
First, taking your Broadband with you when you move homes is straightforward. Also, the time that the Vodafone home move will take is fairly dependent on you.
Answer the following questions to know if you are on the right track to having a fast and seamless home move.
Have you decided if you will be continuing with Vodafone or switching providers? If you will be switching providers and your contract has not expired, you will need to initiate a cancellation.
Have you checked for Vodafone's availability at your new location? If Vodafone does not have coverage at your new home, you can get out of your contract at no extra cost.
Have you given sufficient notice about your home move to Vodafone? The earlier your notice, the more likely you can get your Broadband installed immediately.
Once you have ticked all these boxes, your home move is very straightforward. That is, you can have your internet and phone up and running immediately after you move.
What you need to know before moving house with Vodafone Broadband
Before moving homes with Vodafone, you must know a few things.
- Vodafone has wide network coverage and is therefore available across the country.
- You can check to ensure availability using the Vodafone availability checker.
- Give a thirty (30) day notice to ensure everything is in order.
- If you have a Vodafone mobile, you can call for free on 191 or 0333 304 0191 from your landline (standard call charges will apply).
- You can choose to remain on your current package or update to enjoy better features.
- Take your current Router with you as you need it for your new installation.
- Your monthly charges will apply, except if you decide on an upgrade.
Moving home with Vodafone: a great opportunity to upgrade!
Your Broadband is very important, especially as we move into the world's digitization. Moving homes is a great opportunity to review your Broadband package and decide if you want to continue on the same package or upgrade to a better package
Upgrading with Vodafone
For the Vodafone user, flexible updates are free. Moving homes already means your service is being reviewed and gives you a great chance to upgrade your service before your old contract is up. Get newer and better features as you move homes.
Frequently Asked Questions about Moving Homes with Vodafone
Can I keep the Same Landline Number?
You can keep the same number if your new address falls under the same Exchange.
Do I still get Fibre?
Sure you do. All Vodafone Broadband services are Fibre.